Friday, January 8, 2016

Music and Sound Effects

This month I plan to focus mainly on finding good and appropriate sound effects or making some of my own for my video games. So far, I am trying to find a good resource for this. So far, for stock music and sound effects, I have found Indie Game Music, a website created by Roald Strauss to help individual developers by offering free music and sounds. If I choose to make my own audio, I can either use PulseBoy, a Game Boy inspired program created by Roger Hicks and MAtt White, or Famitracker, a program that is inspired by the sounds and music from the Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom. If I do end up making the music myself, I will take most of my inspiration from MegaMan, but also other great classic games, like Castlevania, Mario, and Punch-Out!! I feel that the sound effects, however, are going to be the hardest thing to make myself, as I have no idea how to even start. I will have to do research and figure out how to do it soon. Here are the links to the mentioned websites:
Indie Game Music:  www.indiegamemusic.com/
PulseBoy: http://www.pulseboy.com/
Famitracker: http://famitracker.com/

Here is an example of a good NES song I hope to emulate:

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment