Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Work on Level Design and Character Programming

Along with slowly working through the coding issues in creating my character, I have also been working on the aesthetic and game-play design of the level I hope to have complete in time for the presentations, a candy factory that houses a sweet themed villain, The Jaw-Breaker (changed from the old name, The Candy Man). I have created a small portion of the level below where you can see the work I have been doing. Nothing is animated yet, but the basic designs are there. Once I am finished, the Hot Cocoa will be churning in the vats to the left and be flowing out at the bottom, the machine in the background will have a moving meter and flashing lights, and, of course, the Chameleon will walk, jump, shoot, and slice his way through the level. Next, I plan on implementing enemies, mini-bosses, and bosses. After that, I will finish the level and add the animations, the music, and the sound effects. Hopefully I will have it ready to play soon so that I can have people try it out.

Here are some pictures of my work in Unity:

The level so far as seen in Unity
More of the level in Full Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment