Saturday, November 28, 2015

Updating the Chameleon

I spent the time since my last post creating new sprites and editing old ones on piskel. It may seem that I am spending too much time on the visuals and not enough on the programming, but I am still keeping up on both and the visuals are a huge part of the game. One of the first animations I did for my main character, the Chameleon, has been completely revamped to make him seem more alive. In addition, I have created a new animation of the Chameleon slicing with a plasma sword, which I have decided to make his primary attack. For his secondary attack, he can shoot small bullets that are weaker than the sword, but have the advantage of being able to attack from a distance. Like Mega Man, the Chameleon will also be able to obtain the abilities of his defeated enemies to fight other villains or find secret areas, which will contain power-ups or other collectables. The Chameleon's real name is Leon Ryder (Cheesy, I know) and will be playable outside of his costume for the tutorial level. I have included many of the new Chameleon/Leon Ryder sprites below:
Chameleon Idle

Chameleon Slashing

Chameleon Shooting

Leon Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment