Saturday, November 28, 2015

Stage Select

To make up for not posting in a while, I have decided to upload double the content in one day. An important aspect of my game is the ability to choose which villains you wish to fight in any order. In order to choose which foe you wish to fight, you need a stage select screen. On this screen, I want to have detailed portraits of the villains to select, just like in Mega Man. So far, I have created two: one for Invisi-Bill and the other for Gumshoe/The Candy Man. Each villain also has a portrait for when they are defeated, which show them looking upset or beat up. I am incredibly proud of how these turned out because I am definitely no artist. The extent of my drawing ability is usually stick figures. I need to draw one for every major enemy, including the final boss. I might put another portrait in the middle of the screen of the hero, like Mega Man, or a map showing where each of the villains are hiding out, which is more akin to Mega Man X. Here are the portraits I created and several examples of what I want my stage select to look like:




Invisi-Bill: Before and After
The Candy Man: Before and After



Mega Man 2 Stage Select

Mega Man X Stage Select

No comments:

Post a Comment