Thursday, April 21, 2016

Recap of the Project

The 20 Percent Project is coming to a close as next month we will be doing our end of the year presentations. I thought that I would take this post to review all the work I have done on my project not only to share it with you but also to help jog my memory and get me thinking about what I can talk about in my presentation. I began my project by brainstorming ideas of what my game should be about. I thought about doing one with an intergalactic explorer stranded on a hostile planet and one that took place in colonial times before I finally settled on a super hero theme. I then tried to come up with a suitable hero and an interesting cast of villains. I spent much of the beginning part of the project working in Piskel to create these characters and environments using individual pixels. I then moved into working on Unity, where I compiled all the elements I had created in Piskel and began working on a level. I started by making a music-themed stage, but I later changed it into a candy themed stage featuring The Jawbreaker as it's boss villain. I have faced and am facing many difficulties with this project which I will talk more about next week. Below, I have included a picture of every Piskel project I have worked on to date.










No comments:

Post a Comment