Monday, February 22, 2016

Creating Animations for the Game

In the past I have talked about the different characters and animations I have done in Piskel. I have not really talked about my process for creating sprites, so today, I wanted to talk you through my way of creating the sprites I need for my game. First, I brainstorm ideas on what I want to create. In this example I want to create a basic enemy for my candy-themed level, so I thought to create a piñata that will attack the player. I start with a basic outline:
Next, I start to add color and a personality to my creation:
I know that I want it to resemble a piñata, so I add lots of flamboyant colors that change between each other suddenly at different layers to give it this effect. Finally, I add a few minor details, like shading:



I know that these sprites may not look the best, but I am very proud of how most of these turn out because I am no where near being an artist and the fact that these even just resemble what I want them to be is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment