Friday, February 12, 2016

Changing Concepts

I wanted to take this week's blog entry to talk about some many idea phases my project went through.  The concept of my game went through several different phases. At first I considered making a sci-fi themed game in which you play as a crash-landed astronaut on a foreign planet. The game play and visuals would have been an homage to the Nintendo game, Metroid. Another idea was for a 2-D stealth game, in which the player assumes the role of a secret agent, ninja, or something to that effect, trying to infiltrate an enemy base. Eventually, I settled on the idea of making a superhero themed game reminiscent of Megaman. Unfortunately, there are many aspects to this idea that will not be fully realized by the end of this school year. I will most likely only have one completed level to serve as a playable demo, but I will try to flesh it out as much as I can. This is actually not so bad, as game design is a rather lengthy process. Some games take over a year just to conceptualize the concept of a game.
I didn't really have a picture that related to what I talked about, so here's an animation for my medieval-themed villain that probably will not be used in the demo for the end of the year presentation. His name is Night Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment